Status of Centrino wireless support - Portable

This is a discussion on Status of Centrino wireless support - Portable ; On date 08-26-2003 I filled a form in the Intel's web requesting Centrino wireless drivers for Linux. The form: http://supportmail.intel.com/scripts-emf/welcome.asp Te response of intel: ---------------------------------------------------------------- Hello Angel, Thank you for contacting Intel(R) Technical Support. Intel(R) Centrino(TM) Mobile Technology driver development ...

  1. Status of Centrino wireless support

    On date 08-26-2003 I filled a form in the Intel's web requesting Centrino
    wireless drivers for Linux.

    The form:

    http://supportmail.intel.com/scripts-emf/welcome.asp

    Te response of intel:

    Hello Angel,

    Thank you for contacting Intel(R) Technical Support.

    Intel(R) Centrino(TM) Mobile Technology driver development being
    scoped.
    Expect needed drivers first half 2004, if not sooner.

    Sincerely,

    Carlos B.
    Intel(R) Technical Support

  2. Re: Status of Centrino wireless support

    On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 13:26:31 +0000, Matthew Miller wrote:

    > Sant Iscle wrote:
    >> Intel(R) Centrino(TM) Mobile Technology driver development being
    >> scoped.
    >> Expect needed drivers first half 2004, if not sooner.

    > Nice. Now, ask them if we're getting source code....

    Ask them you. Mail adress is

    adaptersuppor AT mailbox DOT cps DOT intel DOT com

  3. Re: Status of Centrino wireless support

    Sant Iscle wrote:
    >> Nice. Now, ask them if we're getting source code....

    > Ask them you. Mail adress is

    Oh, I *have* ask them you'd. But the more people that do, the more
    effective it will be.

    --
    Matthew Miller mattdm@mattdm.org
    Boston University Linux ------>

  4. Re: Status of Centrino wireless support

    Hi,

    Sant Iscle a écrit:
    > On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 13:26:31 +0000, Matthew Miller wrote:

    > Ask them you. Mail adress is
    >
    > adaptersuppor AT mailbox DOT cps DOT intel DOT com

    Thank you, I'll ask them too :-)

    --
    NO ePATENTS / NON AUX BREVETS SUR LES LOGICIELS. Voir/see
    http://swpat.ffii.org/

    eric b

  5. Re: Status of Centrino wireless support

    On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 14:44:05 +0200, Sant Iscle wrote:

    > On date 08-26-2003 I filled a form in the Intel's web requesting Centrino
    > wireless drivers for Linux.
    >
    > The form:
    >
    > http://supportmail.intel.com/scripts-emf/welcome.asp
    >
    > Te response of intel:

    > Hello Angel,
    >
    > Thank you for contacting Intel(R) Technical Support.
    >
    > Intel(R) Centrino(TM) Mobile Technology driver development being
    > scoped.
    > Expect needed drivers first half 2004, if not sooner.
    >
    > Sincerely,
    >
    > Carlos B.
    > Intel(R) Technical Support

    While doing reserach to find out how to get my laptop working
    without replacing the WiFi card I found this
    http://intel.com/ebusiness/notebook/centrino/cisco.htm the part
    that really interested me is this

    Intel Centrino mobile technology with Intel® PROSet software1
    includes support for Cisco Compatible Extensions. With PC manufacturer's
    availability and validation, this enables interoperability with
    Cisco Aironet wireless LAN infrastructure. Full functionality may
    require downloading additional software. Check with your PC manufacturer
    for details regarding Cisco Compatible availability.

    Does this mean centrino laptop's may work with the Aironet drivers
    even though we are using an Intel PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini PCI
    adapter?

+ Reply to Thread