acer aspire 1600 - Portable

This is a discussion on acer aspire 1600 - Portable ; anyone installed linux on this portable? i can't install mandrake 9.1 booting from cd it freezes red-hat 9 install but i cant configure energy admin...

  1. acer aspire 1600

    anyone installed linux on this portable?

    i can't install mandrake 9.1 booting from cd it freezes

    red-hat 9 install but i cant configure energy admin

  2. Re: acer aspire 1600

    On Tue, 19 Aug 2003, "Julio D. Benítez" wrote:

    > anyone installed linux on this portable?
    >
    > i can't install mandrake 9.1 booting from cd it freezes
    >
    > red-hat 9 install but i cant configure energy admin

    Don't know if this helps, but...
    I installed Mandrake 9 on an Aspire 1400. Sometimes the screen went fuzzy,
    I changed to ctrl-alt-f1 and back and then it froze. It also froze when I
    used the network card. I installed red hat instead and the screen problem
    occured, but did not freeze the computer. I still have problems with the
    network card, but I'm planning to buy a threadless one anyway.

  3. Re: acer aspire 1600

    Hi,
    maybe you could want to set acpi on and apm off while booting. I think
    sometimes if apm enabled, it makes an acpi PC freeze, I had this on a
    Compaq with knoppix and this was the only thing that could go wrong.
    Try typing: apm=off acpi=on when booting your install CD.
    +++

    --
    Matej Hausenblas,
    matejh@pandora.be