Re: Graphic driver module for Trident cyberblade/xp - Portable

This is a discussion on Re: Graphic driver module for Trident cyberblade/xp - Portable ; On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 23:23:15 +0900 (KST), K.Choi staggered into the Black Sun and said: > I have a laptop(TOSHIBA portege2000) using Trident CyberBlade/XP > graphic chipset. > > When I installed redhat 8.0, it use trident for Device ...

  1. Re: Graphic driver module for Trident cyberblade/xp

    Black Sun and said:
    > I have a laptop(TOSHIBA portege2000) using Trident CyberBlade/XP
    > graphic chipset.
    >
    > When I installed redhat 8.0, it use trident for Device driver and
    > works good. (with full screen mplayer) But when I installed
    > Debian(sid), if I select it again for device modules, it works too
    > slow to use and only work select a vesa driver. But mplayer didn't
    > work with full screen.
    >
    > I don't understand this, because Debian(sid) has a later XFree86
    > version more than RedHat 8.0

    First place to look is the /etc/X11/XF86Config files that were written.
    What are the differences between the XF86Config files in Redhat and
    Debian? There are a number of options that you can give to the trident
    module--maybe Redhat set some of those options, while Debian's X
    configuration tool didn't. Finally, is Debian (sid) using X 4.3, or X
    4.2?

    It's probably not a kernel problem, since there's no DRM module
    available for Trident chipsets AFAICT. If Redhat loaded the agpgart
    module, and Debian didn't, you might try modprobing agpgart, but I don't
    think that should do anything.

    Brainbench MVP for Linux Admin /
    http://www.brainbench.com / "He is a rhythmic movement of the
    -----------------------------/ penguins, is Tux." --MegaHAL

  2. Re: Graphic driver module for Trident cyberblade/xp

    Thanks for your kindness. :-)

    Debian(sid) use XFree86 4.2.1 and redhat 8.0 use XFree86 4.2.0
    and my config file is locate at,

    http://hlug.hanyang.ac.kr/~xenus/XF86Config

    XF86Config.debian is a config file for Debian
    XF86Config.redhat is a config file for redhat

    In debian, when I used a graphic device module trident, screen movement
    is too slow but could see a full screen mplayer. And I used a vesa module,
    screen movement is fast but couldn't see a full screen mplayer.
    agpgart is not a source of this problem. :-(

    --
    Sincerely, Ki-young

+ Reply to Thread