acpi support - Portable

This is a discussion on acpi support - Portable ; hi all im wondering how doi enable acpi support in suse linux 8.2 dealing with another windows flaw is makeing me make the jump to linux...

  1. acpi support

    hi all im wondering how doi enable acpi support in suse linux 8.2

    dealing with another windows flaw is makeing me make the jump to linux

  2. Re: acpi support

    dosman wrote:

    > hi all im wondering how doi enable acpi support in suse linux 8.2
    >
    > dealing with another windows flaw is makeing me make the jump to linux

    Go into the runlevel editor in YAST2 and enable the acpid. Be sure to check
    the runlevel 5 box at the bottom of the dialog. That will start the acpid
    daemon on startup. Remember, only the battery monitor is currently enabled
    in linux.
    --
    Zane
    Linux Registered User 159730