I have a Dell Latitude C840 with nvidia FeForce 440 Go running Suse
8.1. I would dearly like to be able to use this with a Sony Data
Projector.

Am using the drivers from that came with Suse.

I have set the screen to match the capabilities of the projector.

When the machine is coming up I see the terminal output informing of
the start up process. As soon as the xserver starts all I get is a
blank screen; ie projector getting a signal but not making much sense
of it.

Anyone any ideas they would care to share?

I have also tried to use the s-VHS socket but got nothing at all.

I should point out that I can not use an external monitor either.

Again any ideas would be reatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Nigel