Compaq Armada M300: What's the CDROM? - Portable

This is a discussion on Compaq Armada M300: What's the CDROM? - Portable ; I have a Compaq Armada M300 (the first one, the PII-333 model) with the snap-in CD and Floppy drive. I've just installed Redhat 9. It installed fine via the CD, but I can't figure out how to mount the CDROM ...

  1. Compaq Armada M300: What's the CDROM?

    I have a Compaq Armada M300 (the first one, the PII-333 model) with
    the snap-in CD and Floppy drive.

    I've just installed Redhat 9. It installed fine via the CD, but I can't
    figure out how to mount the CDROM now that it's installed. It isn't one
    of the IDE devices.

    Any idea of exactly what kind of CDROM drive this is?

    Thanks,

    - awh

  2. Re: Compaq Armada M300: What's the CDROM?

    begin On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 21:23:48 -0400, Drew Hamilton wrote:

    > I have a Compaq Armada M300 (the first one, the PII-333 model) with the
    > snap-in CD and Floppy drive.
    >
    > I've just installed Redhat 9. It installed fine via the CD, but I can't
    > figure out how to mount the CDROM now that it's installed. It isn't one
    > of the IDE devices.
    >
    > Any idea of exactly what kind of CDROM drive this is?

    Don't know, try taking a look at /var/log/dmesg for clues.

    --
    end
    There's no attachment here, your reader is broken by Microsoft's choice!!