Re: Looking for PCMCIA NIC card information - Portable

This is a discussion on Re: Looking for PCMCIA NIC card information - Portable ; In comp.os.linux.portable Overbey wrote: > I am trying to get Toshiba Tecra 730s to work with Red Hat 8 and above. The > OS never finds any drivers for either 3-Com's EtherLink III (3c589d) or the > combo version, nor ...

  1. Re: Looking for PCMCIA NIC card information

    In comp.os.linux.portable Overbey wrote:
    > I am trying to get Toshiba Tecra 730s to work with Red Hat 8 and above. The
    > OS never finds any drivers for either 3-Com's EtherLink III (3c589d) or the
    > combo version, nor can it find drivers for Xircom RealPort (REM56G-100)
    > cards.

    What do you mean by "never finds any drivers", exactly? I guarantee
    that your OS includes drivers for each of these cards.

    -- Dave

  2. Re: Looking for PCMCIA NIC card information

    The drivers do not load -- I even tried modprobe driver (I may have gotten
    the driver name wrong - will try what a previous posting suggests.)

    Thanks
    Dudley
    wrote in message
    > In comp.os.linux.portable Overbey wrote:
    > > I am trying to get Toshiba Tecra 730s to work with Red Hat 8 and above.

    The
    > > OS never finds any drivers for either 3-Com's EtherLink III (3c589d) or

    the
    > > combo version, nor can it find drivers for Xircom RealPort (REM56G-100)
    > > cards.

    > What do you mean by "never finds any drivers", exactly? I guarantee
    > that your OS includes drivers for each of these cards.
    >
    > -- Dave

  3. Re: Looking for PCMCIA NIC card information

    In comp.os.linux.portable Overbey wrote:

    > The drivers do not load -- I even tried modprobe driver (I may have
    > gotten the driver name wrong - will try what a previous posting
    > suggests.)

    You can't just modprobe pcmcia drivers. But again please be more
    specific. What does "do not load" mean? You did look at the PCMCIA
    HOWTO, right? And understand how to use things like the "cardctl"
    command, and how to check your system log?

    -- Dave

+ Reply to Thread