Standby & T22 - Portable

This is a discussion on Standby & T22 - Portable ; Hi guys, I've got a T22 and RH 9.0. When I close my screen my laptop go to standy mode. Howto stop that boring thing ? Regards, phx....

  1. Standby & T22

    Hi guys,

    I've got a T22 and RH 9.0.
    When I close my screen my laptop go to standy mode. Howto stop that boring
    thing ?

    Regards,
    phx.

  2. Re: Standby & T22

    On Fri, 8 Aug 2003 02:53:13 +0200, phx staggered into the Black Sun and
    said:
    > I've got a T22 and RH 9.0. When I close my screen my laptop go to
    > standy mode. How to stop that boring thing ?

    Install the tpctl package. It may be on your Redhat CDs somewhere, if
    not, http://tpctl.sourceforge.net/tpctlhome.htm . Use tpctl or its
    ncurses frontend ntpctl to change what the machine does on lid close
    (you can usually choose "nothing", "suspend-to-RAM", or
    "suspend-to-disk".)

    "Boring"? Um... what did you mean by that? (checks headers) Je peux
    lire et écrire français, si vous avez des problèmes avec anglais. Or
    write in your native language and use Babelfish? HTH,

    Brainbench MVP for Linux Admin /
    http://www.brainbench.com / "He is a rhythmic movement of the
    -----------------------------/ penguins, is Tux." --MegaHAL

  3. Re: Standby & T22

    > "Boring"? Um... what did you mean by that? (checks headers) Je peux
    > lire et écrire français, si vous avez des problèmes avec anglais. Or
    > write in your native language and use Babelfish? HTH,

    Ce n'est pas grave vous m'avez deja bien aide.

  4. Re: Standby & T22

    "phx" writes:

    > I've got a T22 and RH 9.0.
    > When I close my screen my laptop go to standy mode. Howto stop that boring
    > thing ?

    Install the thinkpad.o module and the tpctl program. Make
    /dev/thinkpad world-writeable so you can do this without having to be
    root.

    To disable 'suspend-on-lid-closure':
    tpctl --psl=-

    To enable 'suspend-on-lid-closure':
    tpctl --psl=Z

    http://tpctl.sourceforge.net/tpctlhome.htm

    Elf

  5. Re: Standby & T22

    thank I solved my problem with that great tpctl .
    Now I can work my laptop close ))

    phx.

    "Elf M. Sternberg" a écrit dans le message de news:
    m3wudi4zut.fsf@drizzle.com...
    > "phx" writes:
    >
    > > I've got a T22 and RH 9.0.
    > > When I close my screen my laptop go to standy mode. Howto stop that

    boring
    > > thing ?

    > Install the thinkpad.o module and the tpctl program. Make
    > /dev/thinkpad world-writeable so you can do this without having to be
    > root.
    >
    > To disable 'suspend-on-lid-closure':
    > tpctl --psl=-
    >
    > To enable 'suspend-on-lid-closure':