Re: suspend and hibernate commands? - Portable

This is a discussion on Re: suspend and hibernate commands? - Portable ; SD writes: > What are the commands for suspend and hibernate. I use ACPI > on MDK 9.1 and I can;t seem to find the answer to this > question. Try "apm". It's never worked correctly for me (using Red ...

  1. Re: suspend and hibernate commands?

    SD writes:

    > What are the commands for suspend and hibernate. I use ACPI
    > on MDK 9.1 and I can;t seem to find the answer to this
    > question.

    Try "apm". It's never worked correctly for me (using Red Hat),
    but the man pages indicate this is the command to use.

    --
    A. Tsakiris

  2. Re: suspend and hibernate commands?

    A. Tsakiris wrote:

    > SD writes:
    >
    > > What are the commands for suspend and hibernate. I use ACPI
    > > on MDK 9.1 and I can;t seem to find the answer to this
    > > question.

    > Try "apm". It's never worked correctly for me (using Red Hat),
    > but the man pages indicate this is the command to use.

    Use "echo 1 > /proc/acpi/sleep" This will sleep the box. "3" is suppose to
    work also but I haven't played with it. Use at your own risk. Hibernate
    only works with swsusp, I believe.

+ Reply to Thread