Acer535LCi Ambit mini-pci wireless - Portable

This is a discussion on Acer535LCi Ambit mini-pci wireless - Portable ; Just got my new Acer and have since then tried to get the integrated 802.11b card to work. No success yet. It seems to be a Ambit mini-pci card. Do anyone have any experience with this acer or the card ...

  1. Acer535LCi Ambit mini-pci wireless

    Just got my new Acer and have since then tried to get the integrated 802.11b
    card to work. No success yet. It seems to be a Ambit mini-pci card. Do
    anyone have any experience with this acer or the card itself?

    Any information, good or bad would be appreciated.

    thanks

    ST

  2. Re: Acer535LCi Ambit mini-pci wireless

    Stig Tore Aannų wrote:
    > Just got my new Acer and have since then tried to get the integrated 802.11b
    > card to work. No success yet. It seems to be a Ambit mini-pci card. Do
    > anyone have any experience with this acer or the card itself?

    Should work. What's the PCI id? (cat /proc/pci)

    --
    Matthew Miller mattdm@mattdm.org
    Boston University Linux ------>

  3. Re: Acer535LCi Ambit mini-pci wireless

    Matthew Miller wrote:

    > Stig Tore Aannų wrote:
    >> Just got my new Acer and have since then tried to get the integrated
    >> 802.11b card to work. No success yet. It seems to be a Ambit mini-pci
    >> card. Do anyone have any experience with this acer or the card itself?

    > Should work. What's the PCI id? (cat /proc/pci)

    /proc/pci:
    Network controller: PCI device 1260:3872 (Harris Semiconductor) (rev 1).
    IRQ 11.
    Master Capable. Latency=64.
    Prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xe0500000 [0xe0500fff].

    lspci -v:

    02:06.0 Network controller: Harris Semiconductor: Unknown device 3872 (rev
    01)
    Subsystem: AMBIT Microsystem Corp.: Unknown device 0200
    Memory at e0500000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=4K]
    Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 2

    Thanks for your quick reply.

    ST

  4. Re: Acer535LCi Ambit mini-pci wireless

    Stig Tore Aannų wrote:
    > Network controller: PCI device 1260:3872 (Harris Semiconductor) (rev 1).

    This is the same as in my Sony Vaio U101. It's off by one from the ID
    1260:3873 in the driver source; try this little patch:
    http://www.mattdm.org/misc/u101/file...ress3872.patch

    It just adds the number to the driver, and should make it work fine. It does
    for me. I get a few weird errors, but ignoring them seems to be okay.

    --
    Matthew Miller mattdm@mattdm.org
    Boston University Linux ------>

+ Reply to Thread