Re: Linux Laptop Notebook Vendors? - Portable

This is a discussion on Re: Linux Laptop Notebook Vendors? - Portable ; On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 19:34:47 -0700, April Nine wrote: > Hi, > > my linux laptop bit the dust (I dropped it). > > I'm on a quest for recommendations of linux-laptop vendors. > > Here is what I ...

  1. Re: Linux Laptop Notebook Vendors?

    On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 19:34:47 -0700, April Nine wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > my linux laptop bit the dust (I dropped it).
    >
    > I'm on a quest for recommendations of linux-laptop vendors.
    >
    > Here is what I found so far:
    >
    > http://www.linuxcertified.com/linux-laptop-lc2000.html
    > http://www.laclinux.com/en/Laptop
    > http://eracks.com/products/Laptops/config?sku=LAPTOP
    > http://carbonlinux.com/osc/product_i...products_id=30
    >
    > Any opinions on the above vendors?
    >
    > Any other vendors I should be looking at?
    >
    > What I'm looking for (minimums):
    >
    > cpu: 1.5ghz
    > ram: 500m
    > disk: 40gb
    > network card
    > 56k modem card
    > weight: under 10lbs
    > os: redhat 8 or 9
    > hardware: reliable
    > vendor: honest
    > price: competitive
    >
    > I'll be using the laptop to run Oracle and Java.
    > I assume redhat 8 and 9 both run Oracle 9.2?
    >
    > It appears that all I need to worry about are:
    > kernel 2.4.7, and glibc 2.2.2.
    > I wonder if redhat 8 and 9 contain these?
    >
    > Here is some interesting info I found out about Oracle on Linux.
    > http://download-west.oracle.com/docs....htm#sthref106
    >
    > Thanks,
    > April.

    i don't much about them, but you can also try empirelinux.com

  2. Re: Linux Laptop Notebook Vendors?

    >try empirelinux.com

    sorry it is actually http://emperorlinux.com/

+ Reply to Thread