Re: Help me choosing the BEST portable PC - Portable

This is a discussion on Re: Help me choosing the BEST portable PC - Portable ; Emanuel Brown wrote: > On Sat, 7 Jun 2003 12:17:57 +0200, "Nicolas Chechan" > wrote: > >>I need everyone's help to choose the >>BEST portable PC available, with >>those caracteristics : >>- as thin as possible, but very solid, shock ...

  1. Re: Help me choosing the BEST portable PC

    Emanuel Brown wrote:

    > On Sat, 7 Jun 2003 12:17:57 +0200, "Nicolas Chechan"
    > wrote:
    >
    >>I need everyone's help to choose the
    >>BEST portable PC available, with
    >>those caracteristics :
    >>- as thin as possible, but very solid, shock and
    >>use resistant (I imagine that it is possible with
    >>a metallic one)
    >>- a good brand, such as Sony, Dell,.........
    >>in order to have a reliable manufacturer
    >>internationnal garanty
    >>- a good screen, large and very confortable
    >>- very good global performances, of course

    Powerbook G4 15"

    1" thick, 5lbs, very reliable, very solid. Runs Linux or OS X.
    International service is a given. Choice of Combo Drive (DVD/CD-RW) or
    Superdrive (DVD-R).

    Adam

  2. Re: Help me choosing the BEST portable PC

    On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 21:19:51 +0000, Bob wrote:

    > On Fri, 04 Jul 2003 11:33:43 -0400, Mykroft Holmes IV wrote:
    >

    >> Powerbook G4 15"
    >>
    >> 1" thick, 5lbs, very reliable, very solid. Runs Linux or OS X.
    >> International service is a given. Choice of Combo Drive (DVD/CD-RW) or
    >> Superdrive (DVD-R).
    >>

    >> Adam

    > That's the one I'm thinking of getting.. Should i decide to install linux
    > instead (Or as dual-boot?) can i still use the 802.11 wireless feature?

    If you are going to get a Powerbook why not just run OS-X?, it's BSD
    underneath and you should be able to install all the same open source
    applications as Linux. If you want to run Linux then you should get an X86
    laptop and save yourself a thousand bucks.

+ Reply to Thread