Default Sound - Portable

This is a discussion on Default Sound - Portable ; I've got a Samsung Laptop with SuSe Linux 8.0 installed on it. There's no Sound, and the automaticaly sound install doesn't work. so i have to set the sound card myself, but i don't know which type of Card is ...

  1. Default Sound

    I've got a Samsung Laptop with SuSe Linux 8.0 installed on it.
    There's no Sound, and the automaticaly sound install doesn't work.
    so i have to set the sound card myself, but i don't know which type of Card
    is build in!! So, my Question is: Are there any Default Sound Settings
    working on all cards an speakers? Or what else have i to do?

    THX Kyle

  2. Re: Default Sound

    I've had some luck with the generic commands:

    insmod sound
    insmod uart401
    insmod sb io=0xXXX irq=Y dma=Z

    issued in sequence (you have to be superuser, IIRC). Put in your sound
    card's address for XXX, Interrupt for Y, and DMA channel for Z.

    Good luck, HTH!

    Richard

    Jan wrote in message ...
    I've got a Samsung Laptop with SuSe Linux 8.0 installed on it.
    There's no Sound, and the automaticaly sound install doesn't work.
    so i have to set the sound card myself, but i don't know which type of Card
    is build in!! So, my Question is: Are there any Default Sound Settings
    working on all cards an speakers? Or what else have i to do?

    THX Kyle

+ Reply to Thread