Hi Everyone,
I have what should be a simple problem to solve. I created an extended
vfat partition to be able to swap data between XP and Linux (because the
main windows partition is ntfs). The dilemma is that if I shut down
Windows XP via hibernation, any changes I make under linux are lost when
the system comes back up. I tend to do the hibernation thing because
it's quite a bit faster to boot back up.

Does any one know how to detect hibernation in the hp pavilions so I can
prevent myself from writing under linux unless windows was properly shut
down (or any other good suguestions)?

Thanks a lot.

Sincerely, Steve.