Re: RedHat 9.0 vs. pcmcia-cs-3.2.4 problem - Portable

This is a discussion on Re: RedHat 9.0 vs. pcmcia-cs-3.2.4 problem - Portable ; I just found something about dhclient vs pump, which i have not verified yet see http://list.wylug.org.uk/pipermail/w...ne/000671.html Maybe this works .... ???...

  1. Re: RedHat 9.0 vs. pcmcia-cs-3.2.4 problem

    I just found something about dhclient vs pump, which i have not verified yet

    see http://list.wylug.org.uk/pipermail/w...ne/000671.html

    Maybe this works .... ???

  2. Re: RedHat 9.0 vs. pcmcia-cs-3.2.4 problem

    OK Vladimir,

    here are my the outputs

    > iwlist freq

    lo no frequency information.

    eth0 no frequency information.

    eth1 14 channels in total; available frequencies :
    Channel 01 : 2.412 GHz
    Channel 02 : 2.417 GHz
    Channel 03 : 2.422 GHz
    Channel 04 : 2.427 GHz
    Channel 05 : 2.432 GHz
    Channel 06 : 2.437 GHz
    Channel 07 : 2.442 GHz
    Channel 08 : 2.447 GHz
    Channel 09 : 2.452 GHz
    Channel 10 : 2.457 GHz
    Channel 11 : 2.462 GHz
    Channel 12 : 2.467 GHz
    Channel 13 : 2.472 GHz
    Channel 14 : 2.484 GHz
    Current Frequency:2.412GHz (channel 01)

    wifi0 14 channels in total; available frequencies :
    Channel 01 : 2.412 GHz
    Channel 02 : 2.417 GHz
    Channel 03 : 2.422 GHz
    Channel 04 : 2.427 GHz
    Channel 05 : 2.432 GHz
    Channel 06 : 2.437 GHz
    Channel 07 : 2.442 GHz
    Channel 08 : 2.447 GHz
    Channel 09 : 2.452 GHz
    Channel 10 : 2.457 GHz
    Channel 11 : 2.462 GHz
    Channel 12 : 2.467 GHz
    Channel 13 : 2.472 GHz
    Channel 14 : 2.484 GHz
    Current Frequency:2.412GHz (channel 01)

    > iwlist scan

    lo Interface doesn't support scanning : Operation not supported

    eth0 Interface doesn't support scanning : Operation not supported

    eth1 Scan completed :
    Cell 01 - Address:
    ESSID:""
    Mode:Managed
    Frequency:2.484GHz
    Quality:0/10 Signal level:-28 dBm Noise level:-256 dBm
    Encryption keyn
    Bit Rate:11Mb/s

    wifi0 Scan completed :
    Cell 01 - Address:
    ESSID:""
    Mode:Managed
    Frequency:2.484GHz
    Quality:0/10 Signal level:-28 dBm Noise level:-256 dBm
    Encryption keyn
    Bit Rate:11Mb/s

    > The scan output, in my case, shows the wireless router MAC address
    > correctly. However, my router's channels (D-Link DL-614+) start with a
    > 2.417GHz frequency and go up from there. The Xircom card supports all
    > these, but as I wrote before, I cannot set the frequency on it. It seems
    > to be stuck at 2.412GHz, which is below the minimum value that the router
    > supports. Try this: set the channel with iwconfig wifi0 freq 2. Then check
    > with 'iwlist freq'. Did the current frequency change? If not, this could
    > be a bug in the driver. We should then tell the driver maintainer about
    > it.

    Negative. When I try to set the channel I see no changes. That's the same
    you experienced. So probably this meens a bug in the driver ?

    I have a fealing that this is ending up to nothing ...
    Anyway, thanks for your suggestions

    Jack #

+ Reply to Thread