Re: [9fans] 9grid - Plan9

This is a discussion on Re: [9fans] 9grid - Plan9 ; > I have a doubt.....because i was thinking about all i have to do, and > i don't know if using cpu command is the right thing to do. anyway, > the fact is, i have to launch a simple ...

  1. Re: [9fans] 9grid

    > I have a doubt.....because i was thinking about all i have to do, and
    > i don't know if using cpu command is the right thing to do. anyway,
    > the fact is, i have to launch a simple task from terminal (connected
    > by armando) to a node on the cluster (diskless cpu server), i thought
    > that cpu command was right but i'm not really sure anymore, because in
    > unix i used to use "rsh" and "rcmd".
    > any suggestions please??

    you've got some sort of problem starting a shell on the remote machine.
    it's likely authentication. make sure the hostowner has speaksfor
    abilities on the auth server (/lib/ndb/auth).

    - erik

  2. Re: 9grid

    Hi Eric,
    I check lib/ndb/auth in the file server, this is what i have:
    hostid=bootes
    uid=!sys uid=!adm uid=*
    I think that is correct, does it?
    I'd want to launch a task from terminal (logged as Me) to a node of
    the 9grid, i was trying with cpu, ssh; because i realize that i don't
    need to connect to a node (diskless cpu server) for launching a task
    to it, i'd just want to launch some tasks over the nodes of the 9 grid
    and get a response from them. maybe it seems easy but i can't.
    Thanks a lot for every response.

    Armando

    > you've got some sort of problem starting a shell on the remote machine.
    > it's likely authentication. *make sure the hostowner has speaksfor
    > abilities on the auth server (/lib/ndb/auth).

+ Reply to Thread