Re: [9fans] yes, comcast really *does* suck - Plan9

This is a discussion on Re: [9fans] yes, comcast really *does* suck - Plan9 ; * erik quanstrom wrote: > > So we're building up direct (encrypted) uucp links again. Not just to > > get around the regulation, but also not to let the spies learn what's > > going through the wire. > ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Re: [9fans] yes, comcast really *does* suck

  1. Re: [9fans] yes, comcast really *does* suck

    * erik quanstrom wrote:
    > > So we're building up direct (encrypted) uucp links again. Not just to
    > > get around the regulation, but also not to let the spies learn what's
    > > going through the wire.
    > >
    > >

    >
    > why uucp? ppp works just fine for direct connections.


    we're just talking about mail transfer, so uucp IMHO is the
    easiest solution, especially if machines aren't up and online
    all the day ...


    cu
    --
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Enrico Weigelt, metux IT service -- http://www.metux.de/

    cellphone: +49 174 7066481 email: info@metux.de skype: nekrad666
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Embedded-Linux / Portierung / Opensource-QM / Verteilte Systeme
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------


  2. Re: [9fans] yes, comcast really *does* suck

    i was sure my copy of pathalias would somehow come into its own again.

  3. Re: [9fans] yes, comcast really *does* suck

    Curiously BigPond (Big, Big, Stagnant Pond) does not block incoming
    80. So if you can guess my IP you can be entertained.

    Maybe I'll stir the Pond again in the future.

    brucee

    On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 9:22 PM, Charles Forsyth wrote:
    > i was sure my copy of pathalias would somehow come into its own again.
    >
    > ---------- Forwarded message ----------
    > From: Enrico Weigelt
    > To: 9fans@9fans.net
    > Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 19:06:13 +0100
    > Subject: Re: [9fans] yes, comcast really *does* suck
    > * erik quanstrom wrote:
    >> > So we're building up direct (encrypted) uucp links again. Not just to
    >> > get around the regulation, but also not to let the spies learn what's
    >> > going through the wire.
    >> >
    >> >

    >>
    >> why uucp? ppp works just fine for direct connections.

    >
    > we're just talking about mail transfer, so uucp IMHO is the
    > easiest solution, especially if machines aren't up and online
    > all the day ...
    >
    >
    > cu
    > --
    > ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    > Enrico Weigelt, metux IT service -- http://www.metux.de/
    >
    > cellphone: +49 174 7066481 email: info@metux.de skype: nekrad666
    > ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    > Embedded-Linux / Portierung / Opensource-QM / Verteilte Systeme
    > ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    >



  4. Re: [9fans] yes, comcast really *does* suck

    On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 4:29 PM, Bruce Ellis wrote:
    > Curiously BigPond (Big, Big, Stagnant Pond) does not block incoming
    > 80. So if you can guess my IP you can be entertained.
    >
    > Maybe I'll stir the Pond again in the future.


    (obBoyd)
    Pond's that aren't stirred periodically become stagnant. Now, where's
    that damned .45 and a bottle of red....

    - Dan C.


+ Reply to Thread