Re: [9fans] Next IWP9 - Plan9

This is a discussion on Re: [9fans] Next IWP9 - Plan9 ; > Northeast US, say january or feb., skipping next year, would > be great for me. > > > From: john@csplan9.rit.edu > > > > Putting in a request for somewhere in the Northeast U.S. next year, > > if ...

  1. Re: [9fans] Next IWP9

    > Northeast US, say january or feb., skipping next year, would
    > be great for me.
    >
    > > From: john@csplan9.rit.edu
    > >
    > > Putting in a request for somewhere in the Northeast U.S. next year,
    > > if people are willing to accept the weather. I'd offer to host it
    > > here in Rochester (at RIT, I think they'd go for it) but the
    > > conditions can be expected to be similar to Murray Hill's from IWP9
    > > 2007.

    i have offered to host in athens, ga. home of coraid,
    the university of georgia, and almost never any snow.
    we're just outside atlanta.

    - erik

  2. Re: [9fans] Next IWP9

    On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 8:03 AM, erik quanstrom wrote:

    > i have offered to host in athens, ga. home of coraid,
    > the university of georgia, and almost never any snow.
    > we're just outside atlanta.

    I like it being near a major airport, and atlanta is a very common
    one-stop from many places.

    ron

  3. Re: [9fans] Next IWP9

    > i have offered to host in athens, ga. home of coraid,
    > the university of georgia, and almost never any snow.
    > we're just outside atlanta.

    That would work better really well for me, as I'm
    in Memphis--much easier to drive to Atlanta than
    to the northeast, or Greece for that matter...
    And since it'd probably be on my dime, saving
    plane fare is really appealing.

    Just my 2 cents--and worth every penny...

    BLS

  4. Re: [9fans] Next IWP9

    we want to avoid the mistake I made at the last linuxbios meeting --
    attaching it to an expensive conference. keep it cheap.

    ron

  5. Re: [9fans] Next IWP9

    I have enquired and am settled with Sydney in the first week of
    November, if if you want that. Everything All ready to go. Tell me if
    you want a different month.

    brucee

    (as much as i enoy this greek expedition i can't take tiger to the US,
    without great expense and possible harm).

    On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 6:44 PM, ron minnich wrote:
    > we want to avoid the mistake I made at the last linuxbios meeting --
    > attaching it to an expensive conference. keep it cheap.
    >
    > ron

  6. Re: [9fans] Next IWP9

    On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 11:03 AM, erik quanstrom wrote:

    > i have offered to host in athens, ga. home of coraid,
    > the university of georgia, and almost never any snow.
    > we're just outside atlanta.
    >
    > - erik

    I too would prefer Athens, GA as I live there. Also I would likely be
    able to volunteer to video tape the talks and assemble a DVD of them
    if it were. I would be interested in doing so anyway if I can get
    myself and my gear to the conference.

    Ian

+ Reply to Thread