[9fans] Poorly created user - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] Poorly created user - Plan9 ; Erik, Taking your advice, I tried connecting to fscons and running: uname user user however, the fs reports: uname: uname 'user' already exists is this what you meant to try in your previous post, or have I misunderstood? Thanks...

  1. [9fans] Poorly created user

    Erik,

    Taking your advice, I tried connecting to fscons and running:
    uname user user
    however, the fs reports:
    uname: uname 'user' already exists
    is this what you meant to try in your previous post, or have I
    misunderstood?

    Thanks

  2. Re: [9fans] Poorly created user

    You can delete arbitary files using the fossil console
    commands clri to delete the files first, tne directories,
    and then flchk to reclaim the storage, see fossilcons(8).

    Having said this I would perservere with trying to restore
    the username as Erik describes. check the contents of /adm/users
    which may give a clue, see users(6).

    -Steve

+ Reply to Thread