Problems with adding users. - Plan9

This is a discussion on Problems with adding users. - Plan9 ; Hi, I am trying to add a user. I run "Con -l /srv/fscons" at the prompt I add a user using uname. I add the user to sys, and then login with my new user I do run /sys/lib/newuser also. ...

  1. Problems with adding users.

    Hi, I am trying to add a user. I run "Con -l /srv/fscons" at the
    prompt I add a user using uname. I add the user to sys, and then
    login with my new user I do run /sys/lib/newuser also. I try to run
    acme though and it says: "Cant create temp file: blah blah blah
    permission denied" How can I change this?

  2. Re: [9fans] Problems with adding users.

    > Hi, I am trying to add a user. I run "Con -l /srv/fscons" at the
    > prompt I add a user using uname. I add the user to sys, and then
    > login with my new user I do run /sys/lib/newuser also. I try to run
    > acme though and it says: "Cant create temp file: blah blah blah
    > permission denied" How can I change this?

    did you run auth/changeuser $newuser as the hostowner?

    - erik

  3. Re: [9fans] Problems with adding users.

    > Cant create temp file: blah blah blah
    > permission denied

    sounds like you have no $home/tmp, but /sys/lib/newuser will
    have created one for you so it doesn't make sense.

    check if $home/tmp exists and is writable by you.

    -Steve

  4. Re: Problems with adding users.

    Thanks for the help guys, everything works now.

+ Reply to Thread