Re: [9fans] mmap and shared libraries - Plan9

This is a discussion on Re: [9fans] mmap and shared libraries - Plan9 ; On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 7:06 AM, Eris Discordia wrote: > Attempts to live boot Plan 9 on the same machine fail because > some 9wacko believes CD-ROM drives must be secondary master or > something--and I won't move ...

  1. Re: [9fans] mmap and shared libraries

    On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 7:06 AM, Eris Discordia wrote:

    > Attempts to live boot Plan 9 on the same machine fail because
    > some 9wacko believes CD-ROM drives must be secondary master or
    > something--and I won't move a jumper to suit a 9wacko's whim; not that I've
    > ever been asked to do that.

    yep, it's a hackers system. You get to fix it or whine about it, your
    call. Although I think you've made your preferences clear.

    Man's got to know his limitations.

    ron

  2. Re: [9fans] mmap and shared libraries

    grep whining /sys/games/lib/fortunes

    Why do I have to send this mail every year or so? And who is this Eris dick?

    brucee

    On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 5:59 PM, ron minnich wrote:
    > On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 7:06 AM, Eris Discordia wrote:
    >
    >> Attempts to live boot Plan 9 on the same machine fail because
    >> some 9wacko believes CD-ROM drives must be secondary master or
    >> something--and I won't move a jumper to suit a 9wacko's whim; not that I've
    >> ever been asked to do that.
    >>

    > yep, it's a hackers system. You get to fix it or whine about it, your
    > call. Although I think you've made your preferences clear.
    >
    > Man's got to know his limitations.
    >
    > ron

  3. Re: [9fans] mmap and shared libraries

    >And who is this Eris dick?

    Just a simple first year regexp assignment.

  4. Re: [9fans] mmap and shared libraries

    And what is a 9whacko? I didn't see any at IWP9 but I didn't have a mirror.

    brucee

    On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 10:32 AM, Lyndon Nerenberg wrote:
    >> And who is this Eris dick?

    > Just a simple first year regexp assignment.

  5. Re: [9fans] mmap and shared libraries

    > And what is a 9whacko?

    Someone without a mirror? And not enough time to think?

  6. Re: [9fans] mmap and shared libraries

    > Man's got to know his limitations.

    Yes, _man_ has got to. That doesn't apply to deities :-P

    --On Tuesday, November 04, 2008 7:59 AM -0800 ron minnich
    wrote:

    > On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 7:06 AM, Eris Discordia
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Attempts to live boot Plan 9 on the same machine fail because
    >> some 9wacko believes CD-ROM drives must be secondary master or
    >> something--and I won't move a jumper to suit a 9wacko's whim; not that
    >> I've ever been asked to do that.
    >>

    > yep, it's a hackers system. You get to fix it or whine about it, your
    > call. Although I think you've made your preferences clear.
    >
    > Man's got to know his limitations.
    >
    > ron

+ Reply to Thread