exporting namespace - Plan9

This is a discussion on exporting namespace - Plan9 ; Hi All, I'm trying to export a namespace from my file server (that is a namespace's bootes) to my terminal (logging as a client), i tried to do: servname% exportfs -a -r /tmp (from file server) but i have this ...

  1. exporting namespace

    Hi All,
    I'm trying to export a namespace from my file server (that is a
    namespace's bootes) to my terminal (logging as a client), i tried to
    do:
    servname% exportfs -a -r /tmp (from file server)
    but i have this error:
    exportfs: auth_proxy: auth_proxy write fd: inappropriate use of fd
    before doing this, i opened the listeners by doing:
    aux/listen tcp

    Into the fileserver, i can mount/bind namespace from bootes to other
    users, but that namespace i can't export it towards the terminal.
    Furthermore,from fileserver, i tried to export a namespace by doing:
    srvfs -d spy /tmp
    so it display the issue only on it; from terminal i can import
    services from filesever by doing:
    import -a servername '#s' /username/tmp
    but i can't see /srv/spy, i see all other things but not the last
    created.
    how can i do it?o where did i wrong?
    thanks in advance for your replays,
    bye,
    Armando.

  2. Re: [9fans] exporting namespace

    > m trying to export a namespace from my file server (that is a
    > namespace's bootes) to my terminal (logging as a client), i tried to
    > do:
    > servname% exportfs -a -r /tmp (from file server)
    > but i have this error:
    > exportfs: auth_proxy: auth_proxy write fd: inappropriate use of fd
    > before doing this, i opened the listeners by doing:
    > aux/listen tcp

    why not use cpu to do this?

    > Furthermore,from fileserver, i tried to export a namespace by doing:
    > srvfs -d spy /tmp
    > so it display the issue only on it; from terminal i can import
    > services from filesever by doing:
    > import -a servername '#s' /username/tmp
    > but i can't see /srv/spy, i see all other things but not the last
    > created.

    namespaces are not lexically bound. i think you'll
    find that srvfs is in a namespace that can't see the result
    of the import. if instead you do the import before the
    srvfs, i think you'll see the expected result.

    - erik

  3. Re: exporting namespace

    On 3 Nov, 14:04, quans...@quanstro.net (erik quanstrom) wrote:
    > > m trying to export a namespace from my file server (that is a
    > > namespace's bootes) to my terminal (logging as a client), i tried to
    > > do:
    > > servname% exportfs -a -r /tmp *(from file server)
    > > but i have this error:
    > > exportfs: auth_proxy: auth_proxy write fd: inappropriate use of fd
    > > before doing this, i opened the listeners by doing:
    > > aux/listen tcp

    > why not use cpu to do this?
    >
    > > Furthermore,from fileserver, i tried to export a namespace by doing:
    > > srvfs -d spy /tmp
    > > so it display the issue only on it; *from terminal i can import
    > > services from filesever by doing:
    > > import -a servername '#s' /username/tmp
    > > but i can't see /srv/spy, i see all other things but not the last
    > > created.

    > namespaces are not lexically bound. *i think you'll
    > find that srvfs is in a namespace that can't see the result
    > of the import. *if instead you do the import before the
    > srvfs, i think you'll see the expected result.
    >
    > - erik

    Thanks a lot Eric for your response...
    I did it as you said and the result was what i expected..
    Now i have other problems with connections from terminal to diskless
    cpuserver, but i already started a new post, so maybe we'll see
    there...thanks

    Armando

+ Reply to Thread