I want to port some program or driver - Plan9

This is a discussion on I want to port some program or driver - Plan9 ; hi all, I want to port some program or driver to plan9 which has not been ported yet and is of high priority. Please suggest me ! Thanks...

  1. I want to port some program or driver

    hi all,

    I want to port some program or driver to plan9 which has not been
    ported yet and is of high priority.
    Please suggest me !

    Thanks

  2. Re: [9fans] I want to port some program or driver

  3. Re: [9fans] I want to port some program or driver

    On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 10:14 AM, Siddharth Prakash Singh
    wrote:
    > I want to port some program or driver to plan9 which has not been
    > ported yet and is of high priority.
    > Please suggest me !

    I think support for more wireless network cards was mentioned in the past.

    Or perhaps better support for graphics/network support under recent
    virtual environments: VMware, Sun Virtual Box, MS Virtual Server.

    Robby

  4. Re: [9fans] I want to port some program or driver

    > hi all,
    >
    > I want to port some program or driver to plan9 which has not been
    > ported yet and is of high priority.
    > Please suggest me !
    >
    > Thanks

    how about a device driver for Atheros-based Wireless LAN devices like madwifi

    http://madwifi.org

    ;-)

    y0shi

  5. Re: [9fans] I want to port some program or driver

    > hi all,
    >
    > I want to port some program or driver to plan9 which has not been
    > ported yet and is of high priority.
    > Please suggest me !

    how about ati driver with decent hw acceleration? the documents
    can be found on this page
    http://developer.amd.com/documentati...s/default.aspx

    - erik

  6. Re: [9fans] I want to port some program or driver

    There is a TODO page on the wiki which might give you some ideas.

    The two pieces of unfinished business that spring to my mind
    are the Centrino driver and the ssh V2 client, both started by
    Russ.

    These have the advantage of being started by a very talented
    programmer so you could learn from the existing code as well
    as building on the structure to produce somthing useful.

    Just my 2ยข worth.

    -Steve

  7. Re: [9fans] I want to port some program or driver

    On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 11:40 AM, Steve Simon wrote:
    > There is a TODO page on the wiki which might give you some ideas.
    >
    > The two pieces of unfinished business that spring to my mind
    > are the Centrino driver and the ssh V2 client, both started by
    > Russ.

    contrib/install fgb/openssh

    ron

  8. Re: [9fans] I want to port some program or driver

    > On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 11:40 AM, Steve Simon wrote:
    >> There is a TODO page on the wiki which might give you some ideas.
    >>
    >> The two pieces of unfinished business that spring to my mind
    >> are the Centrino driver and the ssh V2 client, both started by
    >> Russ.

    > contrib/install fgb/openssh

    i wasn't able to get it to work very well. a solid native implementation
    would still be worthwhile.

    - erik

  9. Re: [9fans] I want to port some program or driver

    in particular, i'd like to be able to use factotum to hold my keys.

    btw, i recently added a 2k rsa key for ssh to my secstore. now
    my factotum (in 9vx on OS X) periodically crashes. when it
    happens, it's always after i ssh using the key. anyone seen
    anything similar, or alternately have success with 2k rsa keys
    in ssh v1 via factotum?

  10. Re: [9fans] I want to port some program or driver

    > in particular, i'd like to be able to use factotum to hold my keys.
    >
    > btw, i recently added a 2k rsa key for ssh to my secstore. now
    > my factotum (in 9vx on OS X) periodically crashes. when it
    > happens, it's always after i ssh using the key. anyone seen
    > anything similar, or alternately have success with 2k rsa keys
    > in ssh v1 via factotum?

    this isn't your bug, but in a similar vein i submitted a patch
    to factotum for reading such a key from the ctl file.

    - erik

+ Reply to Thread