[9fans] Odd awk system() behavior on 9vx - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] Odd awk system() behavior on 9vx - Plan9 ; The following snippet works properly on native Plan 9 (and unix). On 9vx, however: :; awk '{system("echo "$0" | cat")}' words sh: cat: cannot execute - Access denied sh: cat: cannot execute - Access denied Errors repeat until I kill ...

  1. [9fans] Odd awk system() behavior on 9vx

    The following snippet works properly on native Plan 9 (and unix).
    On 9vx, however:

    :; awk '{system("echo "$0" | cat")}' words
    sh: cat: cannot execute - Access denied
    sh: cat: cannot execute - Access denied

    Errors repeat until I kill the thing (or, presumably, words is out of
    lines, but I won't wait that long). Putting anything else in cat's place,
    like sum, gives the same results. Of course, cat (or whatever) works
    fine on its own.

    Any idea what's going on?

  2. Re: [9fans] Odd awk system() behavior on 9vx

    I think that is related to an old thread. Andrey suggested to rebuild
    ape. That was how I was able to fix it.

    --
    http://www.fernski.com

+ Reply to Thread