Re: [9fans] Plan 9 on Xen 3.0 - Plan9

This is a discussion on Re: [9fans] Plan 9 on Xen 3.0 - Plan9 ; > virtualization is fine. But my recommendation is that you use lguest > or kvm -- not xen. Xen is painful to set up and run. > > ron Any problem with intel x86_64? I knew lguest could guest linux ...

  1. Re: [9fans] Plan 9 on Xen 3.0

    > virtualization is fine. But my recommendation is that you use lguest
    > or kvm -- not xen. Xen is painful to set up and run.
    >
    > ron

    Any problem with intel x86_64?
    I knew lguest could guest linux only!

    Giacomo

  2. Re: [9fans] Plan 9 on Xen 3.0

    On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 3:24 PM, wrote:
    >> virtualization is fine. But my recommendation is that you use lguest
    >> or kvm -- not xen. Xen is painful to set up and run.
    >>
    >> ron

    > Any problem with intel x86_64?
    > I knew lguest could guest linux only!

    lguest supports plan 9 guests. I use it regularly.

    x86_64? what about using 9vx? Works well for me in that mode.

    ron

  3. Re: [9fans] Plan 9 on Xen 3.0

    I KVM plan 9 on x86-64, only issue is drawterm doesn't work so well on
    the host.

    -eric

    Sent from my iPhone

    On Oct 27, 2008, at 5:24 PM, giacomo@tesio.it wrote:

    >> virtualization is fine. But my recommendation is that you use lguest
    >> or kvm -- not xen. Xen is painful to set up and run.
    >>
    >> ron

    > Any problem with intel x86_64?
    > I knew lguest could guest linux only!
    >
    > Giacomo