[9fans] tracing & bricking the e1000e on Linux - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] tracing & bricking the e1000e on Linux - Plan9 ; Sorry if I got this wrong but iirc there was a discussion re. tracing the kernel ftrace on Linux got it very wrong and was bricking the Intel e1000e's http://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/304105/d32d3f1f921d9b73/ Loadable modules part of the problem...

  1. [9fans] tracing & bricking the e1000e on Linux

    Sorry if I got this wrong but iirc there was a discussion re. tracing
    the kernel

    ftrace on Linux got it very wrong and was bricking the Intel e1000e's

    http://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/304105/d32d3f1f921d9b73/

    Loadable modules part of the problem

  2. Re: [9fans] tracing & bricking the e1000e on Linux

    We don't have to fear about that with Plan 9, the trace device is for
    the amd64 kernel, no danger of that bricking anything any time soon.

    uriel

    On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 10:19 PM, matt wrote:

    > Sorry if I got this wrong but iirc there was a discussion re. tracing the
    > kernel
    >
    > ftrace on Linux got it very wrong and was bricking the Intel e1000e's
    >
    > http://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/304105/d32d3f1f921d9b73/
    >

    > Loadable modules part of the problem

+ Reply to Thread