[9fans] Plan 9 on Xen 3.0 - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] Plan 9 on Xen 3.0 - Plan9 ; Hi list! I'd like to build a server to install a virtualized grid with Plan 9, using XEN. (The dom0 will be a Debian) Here: http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/OSCompatibility Plan 9 support for domU installation is said "currently broken". Is it right? Anyone ...

  1. [9fans] Plan 9 on Xen 3.0

    Hi list!

    I'd like to build a server to install a virtualized grid with Plan 9,
    using XEN.
    (The dom0 will be a Debian)

    Here: http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/OSCompatibility
    Plan 9 support for domU installation is said "currently broken".
    Is it right? Anyone has experience installing the last version of Plan 9
    on XEN 3.0?

    If so, any suggestion?

    Thanks you all!

    Giacomo

  2. Re: [9fans] Plan 9 on Xen 3.0

    On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 3:23 AM, Giacomo Tesio wrote:
    > Hi list!
    >
    > I'd like to build a server to install a virtualized grid with Plan 9, using
    > XEN.
    > (The dom0 will be a Debian)
    >

    > Here: http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/OSCompatibility
    > Plan 9 support for domU installation is said "currently broken".
    > Is it right? Anyone has experience installing the last version of Plan 9 on
    > XEN 3.0?

    virtualization is fine. But my recommendation is that you use lguest
    or kvm -- not xen. Xen is painful to set up and run.

    ron

+ Reply to Thread