Re: [9fans] success with 9vx from a terminal - Plan9

This is a discussion on Re: [9fans] success with 9vx from a terminal - Plan9 ; Hello, Rio is the responsible for killing a process using the Del key, AFAIK there is no way to terminate a program running in console. May be with some magic combination of the keys ctrl-t ctrl-t X. gabi -- cmbrannon@cox.net ...

  1. Re: [9fans] success with 9vx from a terminal

    -- cmbrannon@cox.net wrote:

    >Last night I downloaded 9vx. It works fine from a terminal, using
    >the following invocation:
    >../9vx.Linux -g -u glenda
    >where -g is the option to run sans GUI.
    >This has one or two complications. There is no way to interrupt or kill
    >the foreground process. Instead, ctrl-c interrupts 9vx itself.
    >Anyway, I managed to get an emulated Plan 9 system up and running.
    >Both ed and "sam -d" work well for editing text.
    >
    >-- Chris

  2. Re: [9fans] success with 9vx from a terminal

    * gdiaz@9grid.es [081022 11:16]:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Rio is the responsible for killing a process using the Del key, AFAIK there is no way to terminate a program running in console. May be with some magic combination of the keys ctrl-t ctrl-t X.

    Why not write a simple 'shell' shell (heh) that cooks input and just runs rc? Then you would have the del key and others again.

    Cheers,

    Christian

    --
    You may use my gpg key for replies:
    pub 1024D/47F79788 2005/02/02 Christian Kellermann (C-Keen)

+ Reply to Thread