[9fans] Reading man pages in acme - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] Reading man pages in acme - Plan9 ; Hello: When one is using acme under plan 9, it is possible to click in a given man page name, for example 9pserve(4), and acme opens immediately in a new window. Well this very nice feature does not work with ...

  1. [9fans] Reading man pages in acme

    Hello:
    When one is using acme under plan 9, it is possible to click in a
    given man page name, for example 9pserve(4), and acme opens
    immediately in a new window. Well this very nice feature does not work
    with acme from plan9port (at least not right out the box) not even
    with plan9port's man pages. I think that the problem is that acme does
    not know where to look for the man pages, am I right? If so, how can I
    tell acme where to look for this man pages? if not, what should I do
    to fix this? It seems to me that this would also be possible with
    linux own man pages, right?

    --
    Saludos

    Hugo

  2. Re: [9fans] Reading man pages in acme

    * hugo rivera [081017 19:52]:
    > Hello:
    > When one is using acme under plan 9, it is possible to click in a
    > given man page name, for example 9pserve(4), and acme opens
    > immediately in a new window. Well this very nice feature does not work
    > with acme from plan9port (at least not right out the box) not even
    > with plan9port's man pages. I think that the problem is that acme does
    > not know where to look for the man pages, am I right? If so, how can I
    > tell acme where to look for this man pages? if not, what should I do
    > to fix this? It seems to me that this would also be possible with
    > linux own man pages, right?

    start the plumber before starting acme. It should help...

    --
    You may use my gpg key for replies:
    pub 1024D/47F79788 2005/02/02 Christian Kellermann (C-Keen)

  3. Re: [9fans] Reading man pages in acme

    This has nothing to do with acme, see plumber(4) and /mnt/plumb/rules

    uriel

    On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 7:50 PM, hugo rivera wrote:
    > Hello:
    > When one is using acme under plan 9, it is possible to click in a
    > given man page name, for example 9pserve(4), and acme opens
    > immediately in a new window. Well this very nice feature does not work
    > with acme from plan9port (at least not right out the box) not even
    > with plan9port's man pages. I think that the problem is that acme does
    > not know where to look for the man pages, am I right? If so, how can I
    > tell acme where to look for this man pages? if not, what should I do
    > to fix this? It seems to me that this would also be possible with
    > linux own man pages, right?
    >
    > --
    > Saludos
    >
    > Hugo

  4. Re: [9fans] Reading man pages in acme

    ok, thanks

    --
    Saludos

    Hugo