[9fans] starting 9vx in FreeBSD :Shared object "libthr.so.3" notfound - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] starting 9vx in FreeBSD :Shared object "libthr.so.3" notfound - Plan9 ; Hi, on starting 9vx inside FreeBSD with the command"./9vx.FreeBSD -u glenda" I get the following error: /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libthr.so.3" not found, required by "9vx.FreeBSD" I came up with a blank on searches in 9fans lists and on the net ...

  1. [9fans] starting 9vx in FreeBSD :Shared object "libthr.so.3" notfound

    Hi,
    on starting 9vx inside FreeBSD with the command"./9vx.FreeBSD -u glenda"
    I get the following error:
    /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libthr.so.3" not found, required by
    "9vx.FreeBSD"

    I came up with a blank on searches in 9fans lists and on the net generally
    for a solution.

    Would welcome any help to solve this.

    Thanks,

    Alasdair

  2. Re: [9fans] starting 9vx in FreeBSD :Shared object "libthr.so.3"not found

    Looks like the binary is for FreeBSD ≥7.0.

    --
    Best regards,
    Yaroslav.

  3. Re: [9fans] starting 9vx in FreeBSD :Sharedobject "libthr.so.3" not found

    > Looks like the binary is for FreeBSD ?7.0.

    And you can't build it for FreeBSD 6 because the architecture
    of the thread library is different. Time to upgrade anyway,
    at least for me.

    Dave Eckhardt

+ Reply to Thread