[9fans] Plan 9 history question - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] Plan 9 history question - Plan9 ; Hi, A history question for some Plan 9 people - was any of the Plan 9 or Inferno work done at the Holmdel Bell Labs site? Or was it all at Murray Hill? Thanks, --vs...

  1. [9fans] Plan 9 history question

    Hi,

    A history question for some Plan 9 people - was any of the Plan 9 or
    Inferno work done at the Holmdel Bell Labs site? Or was it all at Murray Hill?

    Thanks,
    --vs

  2. Re: [9fans] Plan 9 history question

    The Inferno Business Unit had a very small group down at
    Holmdel, about 5 people. They were part of the "applications
    group". I believe they worked on some of the applications
    specific to the screenphone-type devices we were running
    on, as well as the pre-Charon web browser.

    I can't say about Plan 9. I believe some of the work involved
    in packaging and shipping 2e was done down there, but that
    came from one conversation with a guy in Red Bank with a
    Plan 9 poster in his office.
    Anthony

  3. Re: [9fans] Plan 9 history question

    All the Plan 9 work was done in Murray Hill.

    -rob

  4. Re: [9fans] Plan 9 history question

    > All the Plan 9 work was done in Murray Hill.
    >
    > -rob

    And Holmdel is a (literal) ghost town. I doubt even the birds have survived inside.

    -- Mark H
    ..

+ Reply to Thread