[9fans] Venti scores from fossil dumps? - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] Venti scores from fossil dumps? - Plan9 ; Given a fossil+venti holding a snap -a in, say, /n/dump/0101, is there a way of obtaining the vac score for the root of /n/dump/0101 such that it could be used to initialize a new fossil from the snap? --lyndon...

  1. [9fans] Venti scores from fossil dumps?

    Given a fossil+venti holding a snap -a in, say, /n/dump/0101, is there a
    way of obtaining the vac score for the root of /n/dump/0101 such that it
    could be used to initialize a new fossil from the snap?

    --lyndon

  2. Re: [9fans] Venti scores from fossil dumps?

    > Given a fossil+venti holding a snap -a in, say, /n/dump/0101, is there a
    > way of obtaining the vac score for the root of /n/dump/0101 such that it
    > could be used to initialize a new fossil from the snap?
    > fossilcons(1)

    Vac prints the Venti score for a vac(1) archive containing
    the tree rooted at dir, which must already be archived to
    Venti (typically dir is a directory in the /archive tree).

    so, from your example, you want (I think):

    vac /archive/0101

    -Steve

  3. Re: [9fans] Venti scores from fossil dumps?

    > Vac prints the Venti score for a vac(1) archive containing
    > the tree rooted at dir, which must already be archived to
    > Venti (typically dir is a directory in the /archive tree).
    >
    > so, from your example, you want (I think):
    >
    > vac /archive/0101

    vac creates backup archives -- the score it prints is for the root of it's
    own image.

    What I'm trying to determine is if there is a way to peer inside fossil
    and find the venti score that corresponds to main/archive/2008/0101.

  4. Re: [9fans] Venti scores from fossil dumps?

    > it's

    Note to pedants: I am so embarrassed :-(

+ Reply to Thread