    attaching with gdb says:

    0x9526a1b5 in read$UNIX2003 ()
    (gdb) bt
    #0 0x9526a1b5 in read$UNIX2003 ()
    #1 0x000089e7 in threadmain ()
    #2 0x0001aeac in threadmainstart (v=0x0) at thread.c:699
    #3 0x0001a808 in threadstart (y=552960, x=0) at thread.c:95

    and detaching makes acme crash completely with

    settag/send tag 3: Broken pipe
    settag/send tag 3: Broken pipe
    Oct 8 10:27:23.908 write error: Broken pipe
    settag/send tag 3: Broken pipe

    Has any one else seen this? It feels like a race condition since I
    cannot reproduce it reliably other than opening a window with some
    content and scrolling around with the mouse wheel. I have tried to
    pull from the repo but it seems that

    changeset: 2915:dd72218f97d9
    tag: tip
    user: Russ Cox
    date: Thu Aug 14 10:29:29 2008 -0400
    summary: rc: fix local variables in functions

    is the latest tip.

    What can I do to help debugging this? It is really an annoying bug
    I must say.

    Thanks for your insights,

    Christian

    --
    You may use my gpg key for replies:
    pub 1024D/47F79788 2005/02/02 Christian Kellermann (C-Keen)

  2. Re: [9fans] p9p acme freezes on devdraw read in MacOS X

    Greetings,
    I have been using a scroll wheel in p9p's acme on OS-X for some time without
    any problems.
    This raises a few questions about your setup:

    1) Are you sure you are running the new, native gui version? Your hg info
    suggests this is the case, but I want to make sure you recompiled the
    binaries between now and then.
    2) What kind of mouse is is?
    3) Does the scroll wheel behave normally in other apps on OS-X?
    4) Are you using any non-standard mouse drivers?
    5) If you are on a laptop, does scrolling with the touchpad cause this
    error?

    --underspecified

    On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 5:36 PM, Christian Kellermann <
    Christian.Kellermann@nefkom.net> wrote:

    > Dear List,
    >
    > I am experiencing a strange behaviour of p9p acme: When I scroll
    > with the mouse wheel acme just hangs. The console prints acme: bad
    > rpc tag 2 (no one waiting on that tag)
    >
    > attaching with gdb says:
    >
    > 0x9526a1b5 in read$UNIX2003 ()
    > (gdb) bt
    > #0 0x9526a1b5 in read$UNIX2003 ()
    > #1 0x000089e7 in threadmain ()
    > #2 0x0001aeac in threadmainstart (v=0x0) at thread.c:699
    > #3 0x0001a808 in threadstart (y=552960, x=0) at thread.c:95
    >
    > and detaching makes acme crash completely with
    >
    > settag/send tag 3: Broken pipe
    > settag/send tag 3: Broken pipe
    > Oct 8 10:27:23.908 write error: Broken pipe
    > settag/send tag 3: Broken pipe
    >
    > Has any one else seen this? It feels like a race condition since I
    > cannot reproduce it reliably other than opening a window with some
    > content and scrolling around with the mouse wheel. I have tried to
    > pull from the repo but it seems that
    >
    > changeset: 2915:dd72218f97d9
    > tag: tip
    > user: Russ Cox
    > date: Thu Aug 14 10:29:29 2008 -0400
    > summary: rc: fix local variables in functions
    >
    > is the latest tip.
    >
    > What can I do to help debugging this? It is really an annoying bug
    > I must say.
    >
    > Thanks for your insights,
    >
    > Christian
    >
    > --
    > You may use my gpg key for replies:
    > pub 1024D/47F79788 2005/02/02 Christian Kellermann (C-Keen)

  3. Re: [9fans] p9p acme freezes on devdraw read in MacOS X

    * underspecified [081008 13:26]:
    > 1) Are you sure you are running the new, native gui version? Your hg info
    > suggests this is the case, but I want to make sure you recompiled the
    > binaries between now and then.

    Yes I do run native and I rebuild everything just to make sure.

    > 2) What kind of mouse is is?

    A standard USB Logitech mouse

    > 3) Does the scroll wheel behave normally in other apps on OS-X?

    Yep.

    > 4) Are you using any non-standard mouse drivers?

    No.

    > 5) If you are on a laptop, does scrolling with the touchpad cause this
    > error?

    I cannot reproduce that with the touchpad, but I am not sure if that reallymatters...

    HTH,

    Christian

    --
    You may use my gpg key for replies:
    pub 1024D/47F79788 2005/02/02 Christian Kellermann (C-Keen)

  4. Re: [9fans] p9p acme freezes on devdraw read in MacOS X

    Greetings,
    On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 8:40 PM, Christian Kellermann <
    Christian.Kellermann@nefkom.net> wrote:

    > * underspecified [081008 13:26]:
    > > 1) Are you sure you are running the new, native gui version? Your hg info
    > > suggests this is the case, but I want to make sure you recompiled the
    > > binaries between now and then.

    > Yes I do run native and I rebuild everything just to make sure.
    >
    > > 2) What kind of mouse is is?

    > A standard USB Logitech mouse
    >
    > > 3) Does the scroll wheel behave normally in other apps on OS-X?

    > Yep.
    >
    > > 4) Are you using any non-standard mouse drivers?

    > No.
    >
    > > 5) If you are on a laptop, does scrolling with the touchpad cause this
    > > error?

    > I cannot reproduce that with the touchpad, but I am not sure if that really
    > matters...

    In principle the scroll wheel and touchpad should be sending the same events
    when scrolling,
    so if it fails with just the mouse, I think the problem is more likely to be
    specific to that mouse.
    Have you tried any other mice? My Lenovo 3-button mouse and Logitec 3-button
    mouse scroll
    fine.

    What version of OS-X are you running?

    --underspecified

    HTH,

    > Christian
    >
    > --
    > You may use my gpg key for replies:
    > pub 1024D/47F79788 2005/02/02 Christian Kellermann (C-Keen)

  5. Re: [9fans] p9p acme freezes on devdraw read in MacOS X

    * underspecified [081008 14:14]:

    > In principle the scroll wheel and touchpad should be sending the same events
    > when scrolling,
    > so if it fails with just the mouse, I think the problem is more likely tobe
    > specific to that mouse.
    > Have you tried any other mice? My Lenovo 3-button mouse and Logitec 3-button
    > mouse scroll
    > fine.

    I agree, I have tried several different usb mice, and in the meantime
    can provoke the error with the touchpad as well. It seems that
    wildly selecting text also triggers the behaviour. This is strange...

    I am using 10.5.5 on a MacBook Pro...

    HTH,

    Christian

    --
    You may use my gpg key for replies:
    pub 1024D/47F79788 2005/02/02 Christian Kellermann (C-Keen)

  6. Re: [9fans] p9p acme freezes on devdraw read in MacOS X

    I have tracked this down along with another OS X display problem.
    I will push out the fix later today.

    Russ

  7. Re: [9fans] p9p acme freezes on devdraw read in MacOS X

    On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 1:41 PM, Russ Cox wrote:
    > I have tracked this down along with another OS X display problem.
    > I will push out the fix later today.

    This fix and the resize fix is now in hg and cvs.

    Russ

  8. Re: [9fans] p9p acme freezes on devdraw read in MacOS X

    The fixes work very well. Thank you.

    On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 5:05 PM, Russ Cox wrote:
    > On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 1:41 PM, Russ Cox wrote:
    >> I have tracked this down along with another OS X display problem.
    >> I will push out the fix later today.

    > This fix and the resize fix is now in hg and cvs.
    >
    > Russ

+ Reply to Thread