connection via proxy - Plan9

This is a discussion on connection via proxy - Plan9 ; Hi guys, I've a problem with the internet connection,i don't know how to connect my fileserver via proxy server through the port 8080,somebody can help me??and explain to me the steps i hace to do.. thanks in advance to all ...

  1. connection via proxy

    Hi guys,

    I've a problem with the internet connection,i don't know how to
    connect my fileserver via proxy server through the port 8080,somebody
    can help me??and explain to me the steps i hace to do..
    thanks in advance to all of you...
    Armando.

  2. Re: [9fans] connection via proxy

    Not sure I understand, port 8080 is usually used to proxy http connections,
    plan9 uses several ports for its fileserver but HTTP is not one of them
    (well venti has a stats server but I only mention that to keep the pedants happy).

    what exactly are you trying to do?

    -Steve

  3. Re: [9fans] connection via proxy

    You're after one of two things.

    1) It mostly sounds like you want to send 9p requests to an
    existing server via an actual http proxy. If this is indeed what
    you're looking for, you're pretty much out of luck. No code or
    service exists to translate from 9p to/from http, which is what
    would be needed before you could do this. I suppose there's
    no theoretical reason such a mapping couldn't exist, but you
    would have to do the design and coding yourself. It would be
    a significant undertaking to do reasonably.

    2) Instead, one could read your mail as saying you just need
    to use what you're describing as the "http proxy port", 8080. In
    that case, you're okay: most servers which can listen on the
    network can accept an arbitrary port to listen on; see the 'listen'
    command in fossilcons(8), for example. For the rest,
    aux/trampoline in conjunction with listen(8) will do well.

    Sadly, I think you want option 1, which doesn't exist.
    Anthony

  4. Re: [9fans] connection via proxy

    Hello

    May be this is of your interest:

    http://www.r-36.net/htdialfs.tgz

    Other thing that could be of your interest is:

    http://sirviente.9grid.es/srv.rit

    the section about dealing with http proxy from a windws xp "corporate"
    workstation and a qemu plan9.

    hope this helps,

    gabi

    El 07/10/2008, a las 4:58, a@9srv.net escribió:

    > You're after one of two things.
    >
    > 1) It mostly sounds like you want to send 9p requests to an
    > existing server via an actual http proxy. If this is indeed what
    > you're looking for, you're pretty much out of luck. No code or
    > service exists to translate from 9p to/from http, which is what
    > would be needed before you could do this. I suppose there's
    > no theoretical reason such a mapping couldn't exist, but you
    > would have to do the design and coding yourself. It would be
    > a significant undertaking to do reasonably.
    >
    > 2) Instead, one could read your mail as saying you just need
    > to use what you're describing as the "http proxy port", 8080. In
    > that case, you're okay: most servers which can listen on the
    > network can accept an arbitrary port to listen on; see the 'listen'
    > command in fossilcons(8), for example. For the rest,
    > aux/trampoline in conjunction with listen(8) will do well.
    >
    > Sadly, I think you want option 1, which doesn't exist.
    > Anthony

  5. Re: connection via proxy

    [ Your display is set for the "ISO-8859-15" character set. ]

    On 6 Ott, 18:19, st...@quintile.net (Steve Simon) wrote:
    > Not sure I understand, port 8080 is usually used to proxy http connections,
    > plan9 uses several ports for its fileserver but HTTP is not one of them
    > (well venti has a stats server but I only mention that to keep the pedants happy).
    >
    > what exactly are you trying to do?
    >
    > -Steve

    Hi steve,
    I'm trying to connect the fileserver to the internet via proxy,but i
    didn't see the 8080 port into my fileserver,so i don't how to do it.i
    have only proxy connection.
    thanks for your replay,

    Armando

+ Reply to Thread