[9fans] acme, fixed font at the startup, Edit in the tag - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] acme, fixed font at the startup, Edit in the tag - Plan9 ; Hello everybody, two small questions: 1) Is there a simple way how to achive that acme use fixed font by default (but still is able to switch to a variable size when clicking Font) for any open window? Is e.g. ...

  1. [9fans] acme, fixed font at the startup, Edit in the tag

    Hello everybody,

    two small questions:

    1) Is there a simple way how to achive that acme use fixed font by default
    (but still is able to switch to a variable size when clicking Font) for any
    open window? Is e.g.

    fn acme { builtin acme -f sthFixed -F sthVar }

    a good solution?

    2) ... a way to always have Edit in the tag line (without recompiling)?

    Thanks

    Ruda

  2. Re: [9fans] acme, fixed font at the startup, Edit in the tag

    > Hello everybody,
    >
    > two small questions:
    >
    > 1) Is there a simple way how to achive that acme use fixed font by default
    > (but still is able to switch to a variable size when clicking Font) for any
    > open window? Is e.g.
    >
    > fn acme { builtin acme -f sthFixed -F sthVar }
    >
    > a good solution?
    >
    > 2) ... a way to always have Edit in the tag line (without recompiling)?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Ruda

    I have this in my lib/profile:

    acmefont = /lib/font/bit/lucida/unicode.6.font
    fn acme { /bin/acme -f $acmefont $* }

    John

  3. Re: [9fans] acme, fixed font at the startup, Edit in the tag

    2008/10/3

    > I have this in my lib/profile:
    >
    > acmefont = /lib/font/bit/lucida/unicode.6.font
    > fn acme { /bin/acme -f $acmefont $* }
    >

    > John
    >
    > Well, this is basically what I proposed. However, it also causes the fixed

    font is used for the tag lines and these may become unbearably long, if e.g.
    the directory name is long (with this I also fight quite a bit and don't
    know a good solution).

    R.

+ Reply to Thread