[9fans] accessing a network with 9vx - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] accessing a network with 9vx - Plan9 ; Hi there: I just downloaded 9vx and started up on my box. On http://swtch.com/9vx/ it is mentioned that I can access my host's network stack, but I cannot figure out how (or maybe I am not understanding it right?). There ...

  1. [9fans] accessing a network with 9vx

    Hi there:
    I just downloaded 9vx and started up on my box.
    On http://swtch.com/9vx/ it is mentioned that I can access my host's
    network stack, but I cannot figure out how (or maybe I am not
    understanding it right?). There is no network interface on /net. Can
    someone point me some docs on how to configure my network on 9vx? Is
    it necessary to create tap interfaces or something alike on my host?

    --
    Saludos

    Hugo

  2. Re: [9fans] accessing a network with 9vx

    > I just downloaded 9vx and started up on my box.
    > On http://swtch.com/9vx/ it is mentioned that I can access my host's
    > network stack, but I cannot figure out how (or maybe I am not
    > understanding it right?). There is no network interface on /net. Can
    > someone point me some docs on how to configure my network on 9vx? Is
    > it necessary to create tap interfaces or something alike on my host?

    Actually, you don't have to do anything. The /net/tcp
    and /net/udp are all you need for normal network access.
    However, be aware that there's no /net/icmp, so things
    like ip/ping won't work. But stuff like ftpfs and 9fs
    work just fine.

    BLS

  3. Re: [9fans] accessing a network with 9vx

    Uh, great, thanks

    --
    Saludos

    Hugo