[9fans] postscript fonts - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] postscript fonts - Plan9 ; being a postscript font virgin, can somone help me with what is probably a simple problem for one who knows. troff doc.ms | lp gives me: /386/bin/aux/tr2post: :168 :WARNING: cannot find glyph, rune=0x20ac stoken= troff font LucidaSans How do I ...

  1. [9fans] postscript fonts

    being a postscript font virgin, can somone help me with what is
    probably a simple problem for one who knows.

    troff doc.ms | lp
    gives me:
    /386/bin/aux/tr2post: :168 :WARNING: cannot find glyph, rune=0x20ac
    stoken=<€> troff font LucidaSans

    How do I add a euro symbol to LucidaSans?

    Thanks,

    -Steve

  2. Re: [9fans] postscript fonts

    On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 2:21 AM, Steve Simon wrote:
    > being a postscript font virgin, can somone help me with what is
    > probably a simple problem for one who knows.
    >
    > troff doc.ms | lp
    > gives me:
    > /386/bin/aux/tr2post: :168 :WARNING: cannot find glyph, rune=0x20ac
    > stoken=<€> troff font LucidaSans
    >
    > How do I add a euro symbol to LucidaSans?

    You don't. You find a different PS font with a euro symbol,
    and then you change the troff table for your troff font
    to point at that PS font for the euro symbol. If you look at
    /sys/lib/postscript/troff/R you will see an example table.

    Russ

+ Reply to Thread