Re: [9fans] Init hangs - Plan9

This is a discussion on Re: [9fans] Init hangs - Plan9 ; > Thanks Eric. Now I need to try to find the errant code, but I can't connect a > debugger at this point. What else can I do to diagnose the problem? i think the suggestion to take the cdrom ...

  1. Re: [9fans] Init hangs

    > Thanks Eric. Now I need to try to find the errant code, but I can't connect a
    > debugger at this point. What else can I do to diagnose the problem?

    i think the suggestion to take the cdrom out of your vm profile is the right
    one. i think access of the cdrom drive is the problem. once you get things going, i do have
    a patch that might work for you if you still need the cdrom. i haven't tried
    it since i don't run vmware.

    - erik

  2. Re: [9fans] Init hangs

    I would love to try the patch. And I'm still baffled as to why the
    installer works but the standard kernels don't.

    Peace

    uriel

    On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 3:54 PM, erik quanstrom wrote:
    >> Thanks Eric. Now I need to try to find the errant code, but I can't connect a
    >> debugger at this point. What else can I do to diagnose the problem?

    > i think the suggestion to take the cdrom out of your vm profile is the right
    > one. i think access of the cdrom drive is the problem. once you get things going, i do have
    > a patch that might work for you if you still need the cdrom. i haven't tried
    > it since i don't run vmware.
    >
    > - erik

  3. Re: [9fans] Init hangs

    > I would love to try the patch. And I'm still baffled as to why the
    > installer works but the standard kernels don't.
    >
    > Peace
    >
    > uriel

    it is the sdata patch i posted a few weeks ago.

    Sep 8 13:00:49 EDT 2008 /n/dump/2008/0922/sys/src/9/pc/sdata.c 54744 [quanstro]
    /n/dump/2008/0922/sys/src/9/pc/sdata.c:1421 c /n/dump/2008/0908/sys/src/9/pc/sdata.c:1421
    < if(ataready(cmdport, ctlport, drive->dev, Bsy|Drq, Drdy, 101*1000) < 0)
    ---
    > if(ataready(cmdport, ctlport, drive->dev, Bsy|Drq, 0, 101*1000) < 0)

    if this doesn't fix the problem, i'll see if i can't do a vmware install and
    see what the problem is.

    - erik

+ Reply to Thread