installation usb mouse - Plan9

This is a discussion on installation usb mouse - Plan9 ; Hi everyone, I would like to know how can i install a usb mouse on my laptop, because i was trying with usb/usbd usb/usbmouse with no success,also i can't modify anything in the plan9.ini because the laptop mouse doesn't have ...

  1. installation usb mouse

    Hi everyone,

    I would like to know how can i install a usb mouse on my laptop,
    because i was trying with usb/usbd
    usb/usbmouse
    with no success,also i can't modify anything in the plan9.ini because
    the laptop mouse doesn't have the scroll button. I don't know if the
    problem is from the usb controller on my laptop, i write from italy, i
    dont know if the hardware in europe is different than america, i have
    a toshiba like a laptop.
    thanks in advance for your replays.

    Armando.

  2. Re: [9fans] installation usb mouse

    Hi Armando,

    in any case, you can edit the plan9.ini:

    If you are in console, you can edit it using "ed". The first time is not
    very easy, but only the first time ...

    If you are in rio (user glenda), you can edit doing:

    Hit enter, because the window on the top is selected. You can try with ed
    too.

    What is your usb controller? Your laptop have an ps2 connector? and touchpad?

    --
    Rodolfo García AKA kix
    http://www.kix.es/

  3. Re: installation usb mouse

    On 22 Set, 12:59, k...@kix.es (Rodolfo kix García ) wrote:
    > Hi Armando,
    >
    > in any case, you can edit the plan9.ini:
    >
    > If you are in console, you can edit it using "ed". The first time is not
    > very easy, but only the first time ...
    >
    > If you are in rio (user glenda), you can edit doing:
    >
    > Hit enter, because the window on the top is selected. You can try with ed
    > too.
    >
    > What is your usb controller? Your laptop have an ps2 connector? and touchpad?

    Hi Rodolfo,
    Thanks for your replay...
    My laptop doesn't have ps2 connector,has only touchpad (with left and
    right button), the usb controller is"Standard Open HCD".
    I was trying to modify the plan9.ini as you told me,without
    success,maybe i did something wrong,can you explain to me all the
    steps i have to do to install this lucky mouse??:-)
    Thank you...
    have a nice day.
    Armando

+ Reply to Thread