[9fans] feeding factotum on boot - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] feeding factotum on boot - Plan9 ; A question: how to feed a private (SSH host) key(s) to eve's factotum during the boot? The first what comes up to my mind is to save the key somewhere on fileserver, then to feed it to factotum from cpurc. ...

  1. [9fans] feeding factotum on boot

    A question: how to feed a private (SSH host) key(s) to eve's factotum
    during the boot?
    The first what comes up to my mind is to save the key somewhere on
    fileserver, then to feed it to factotum from cpurc.
    Feel there should be other way...

    P.S. Cpu, auth, fs and secstore are all the same machine.

    Thanks.
    --
    Best regards,
    Yarek.

  2. Re: [9fans] feeding factotum on boot

    > A question: how to feed a private (SSH host) key(s) to eve's factotum
    > during the boot?
    > The first what comes up to my mind is to save the key somewhere on
    > fileserver, then to feed it to factotum from cpurc.
    > Feel there should be other way...
    >
    > P.S. Cpu, auth, fs and secstore are all the same machine.

    put them in secstore. you may need to run auth/wrkey
    to save the secstore key in the "nvram" file. the key is
    saved in plan text, unfortunately. also beware that your
    secstore key is limited to 8 characters.

    - erik

  3. Re: [9fans] feeding factotum on boot

    On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 2:54 PM, Yaroslav wrote:
    > A question: how to feed a private (SSH host) key(s) to eve's factotum
    > during the boot?
    > The first what comes up to my mind is to save the key somewhere on
    > fileserver, then to feed it to factotum from cpurc.
    > Feel there should be other way...

    I've got this in my cpurc:

    auth/secstore -n -G factotum |read -m >>/mnt/factotum/ctl

    Although I've forgotten how I set up the secstore for the cpu server.
    That's the downside with systems that just work.

    Robby

  4. Re: [9fans] feeding factotum on boot

    The solution is natural and easy.

    Thanks a lot, gentlemen.