[9fans] Vacfs/9pfuse problems? - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] Vacfs/9pfuse problems? - Plan9 ; Hi, I've been having some trouble with vacfs and 9pfuse. I can mount a root score, I can read files fine. If I Control-C any I/O operations, though, vacfs just 'goes away', Linux complains about the transport endpoint being disconnected. ...

  1. [9fans] Vacfs/9pfuse problems?

    Hi,

    I've been having some trouble with vacfs and 9pfuse. I can mount a root
    score, I can read files fine.

    If I Control-C any I/O operations, though, vacfs just 'goes away', Linux
    complains about the transport endpoint being disconnected.

    Also, running 'find' causes problems - after processing a small number
    of directories, find stops finding new files and returns 'permission
    denied' for directories, whether or not the permissions allow
    reading/traversing. Unmounting and remounting vacfs and walking the
    directory by hand both work.

    Anyone else have these kind of problems?

    Thanks,
    --vs

  2. Re: [9fans] Vacfs/9pfuse problems?

    On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 9:49 PM, Venkatesh Srinivas wrote:
    > I've been having some trouble with vacfs and 9pfuse.
    > If I Control-C any I/O operations, though, vacfs just 'goes away', Linux
    > complains about the transport endpoint being disconnected.
    >
    > Also, running 'find' causes problems - after processing a small number
    > of directories, find stops finding new files and returns 'permission
    > denied' for directories,

    I see the same 9pfuse behaviour mounting ircfs or u9fs at work. If I
    interrupt some I/O, I lose the mount.
    Haven't seen the find problem, 9pfuse -D might be instructive there.
    -sqweek

  3. Re: [9fans] Vacfs/9pfuse problems?

    There may be two bugs here. One happens when you start 9pfuse in
    one terminal and then interrupt a program in that same terminal.
    Perhaps the shell sends the interrupt to the backgrounded 9pfuse
    or 9p server too. If so, there is an rfork(RFNOTEG) missing somewhere.

    The second is what happens when any I/O to the 9pfuse server
    gets interrupted, in any terminal. That one:

    > I see the same 9pfuse behaviour mounting ircfs or u9fs at work. If I
    > interrupt some I/O, I lose the mount.
    > Haven't seen the find problem, 9pfuse -D might be instructive there.

    I think I fixed this on July 24.
    http://hg.pdos.csail.mit.edu/hg/plan9/rev/18d28bd28f4b

    Russ

  4. Re: [9fans] Vacfs/9pfuse problems?

    On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 10:41 PM, Russ Cox wrote:
    > There may be two bugs here. One happens when you start 9pfuse in
    > one terminal and then interrupt a program in that same terminal.

    This looks fine, I can start 9pfuse and then in the same terminal
    ctrl-c to my heart's content without killing 9pfuse.

    > The second is what happens when any I/O to the 9pfuse server
    > gets interrupted, in any terminal. That one:
    >
    > I think I fixed this on July 24.
    > http://hg.pdos.csail.mit.edu/hg/plan9/rev/18d28bd28f4b

    Yep, seems to be fixed after updating to tip. Thanks!
    -sqweek

+ Reply to Thread