Re: [9fans] apropos of the glendix post - Plan9

This is a discussion on Re: [9fans] apropos of the glendix post - Plan9 ; > Is there anyone out there who's gonna be in Volos and wants to > participate in a driver-writing BOF? Me, kinda goes without saying. ++L...

  1. Re: [9fans] apropos of the glendix post

    > Is there anyone out there who's gonna be in Volos and wants to
    > participate in a driver-writing BOF?

    Me, kinda goes without saying.

    ++L

  2. Re: [9fans] apropos of the glendix post

    me too.
    Not that I wrote any driver since long ago, but I'm interested.

    On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 6:33 AM, wrote:
    >> Is there anyone out there who's gonna be in Volos and wants to
    >> participate in a driver-writing BOF?

    > Me, kinda goes without saying.
    >
    > ++L

  3. Re: [9fans] apropos of the glendix post

    On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 1:59 AM, Francisco J Ballesteros wrote:

    > me too.
    > Not that I wrote any driver since long ago, but I'm interested.

    I'd be pretty interested in learning how to write device drivers for *any*
    OS at this point. I've take a few passes at drivers for things in the past
    in Plan 9, unsuccessfully, then always seemed to get very busy at work and
    had to put stuff like that aside. (I looked at OHCI USB drivers for Plan 9
    at one point, but never got very far with it...)

    I think a lot of my problem was not understanding the kernel's structures,
    and the right way to do things.

    Dave

    > On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 6:33 AM, wrote:
    > >> Is there anyone out there who's gonna be in Volos and wants to
    > >> participate in a driver-writing BOF?

    > > Me, kinda goes without saying.
    > >
    > > ++L

  4. Re: [9fans] apropos of the glendix post

    Same here.
    I haven't written any serious code in a long time but I'd be very
    interested at least in a tutorial on how to write a file server, or the
    basics steps to write a driver.

    Mathieu.

  5. Re: [9fans] apropos of the glendix post

    On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 8:36 AM, Mathieu Lonjaret wrote:
    > Same here.
    > I haven't written any serious code in a long time but I'd be very
    > interested at least in a tutorial on how to write a file server, or the
    > basics steps to write a driver.

    If you are all planning to do this, you should at least study a few
    drivers before you get there. If you go in cold, you're going to waste
    an awful lot of time.

    ron

+ Reply to Thread