On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 2:18 PM, Benjamin Huntsman
wrote:
> just a quick question...
>
> Has anyone managed to run Plan 9 on a pSeries system?

Not that I know of, although a port to the PAPR virtualization layer
would not be difficult. The closest is probably the libOS work I did
(which was a modified Inferno kernel) that ran on PAPR, but I didn't
end up implementing the disk or network virtualized I/O as I just used
9P over shared memory.

The PS3/Cell port would have many of the same requirements (from the
base CPU/MMU architecture anyways) as a Power4 port (and vice-versa).

-eric