[9fans] Which font do you prefer? - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] Which font do you prefer? - Plan9 ; What do you have as $font in your lib/profile? I ask because it seems that the ones I've tried are either far too big (I'm only working on 1024x768) or are missing a lot of the characters I want, like ...

  1. [9fans] Which font do you prefer?

    What do you have as $font in your lib/profile?
    I ask because it seems that the ones I've tried are either far too big
    (I'm only working on 1024x768) or are missing a lot of the characters
    I want, like λ. Right now, /lib/font/bit/lucida/unicode.6.font seems
    to be working pretty well, but I would like to get a monospace font if
    possible.

    John

  2. Re: [9fans] Which font do you prefer?

    i know it's unpopular, but i use the x11 fixed font. it has most of
    the alphabets a use, is monospace, and looks good at 1024x768. though
    some would contest that it ever looks good

  3. Re: [9fans] Which font do you prefer?

    > What do you have as $font in your lib/profile?

    /lib/font/bit/lucidasans/typeunicode.7.font
    /lib/font/bit/lucidasans/unicode.7.font

    used specially in ACME, 1600x1200 on a 19" CRT.

    ++L

  4. Re: [9fans] Which font do you prefer?

    I'm happy using those of charon for inferno and
    versa for plan9.

    On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 6:32 PM, wrote:
    >> What do you have as $font in your lib/profile?

    > /lib/font/bit/lucidasans/typeunicode.7.font
    > /lib/font/bit/lucidasans/unicode.7.font
    >
    > used specially in ACME, 1600x1200 on a 19" CRT.
    >
    > ++L

+ Reply to Thread