[9fans] What is the status of IPv6? - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] What is the status of IPv6? - Plan9 ; Hello people, I am trying to configure IPv6 on my site, but I am no successful with Plan 9. What I can: - assign IPv6 link-local address (ip/ipconfig -6) - manually assign IPv6 address to my ethernet card (ip/ipconfig ether ...

  1. [9fans] What is the status of IPv6?

    Hello people,

    I am trying to configure IPv6 on my site, but I am no successful with Plan 9.

    What I can:

    - assign IPv6 link-local address (ip/ipconfig -6)
    - manually assign IPv6 address to my ethernet card (ip/ipconfig ether
    /net/ether0 add fd32:6e43:fb94::a)

    What I can't:

    - assign "::1" address to loopback
    - assign IPv6 addres via ndb (ip/ipconfig -N) // I used ipv6=...
    argument in sys tuple
    - ping from/to any IPv6 link-local address (ip/ipconfig -6 ; ip/ping
    fe80::20c:29ff:fe14:4b0a)
    - ping from/to any IPv6 non link-local address
    - assign IPv6 address via Router Advertisement (ip/ipconfig -6 ;
    ip/ipconfig ra6 recvra 1)

    Howto/Manual:

    - how to write to ndb database ipnet with IPv4+IPv6 addresses
    - how to write tuple to ndb database for machine with IPv4+IPv6 addresses
    "ip" or "ipv6" atribute?

    Do I something wrong?
    Or is IPv6 support in very early stage?

    Antonin

  2. Re: [9fans] What is the status of IPv6?

    > - assign IPv6 link-local address (ip/ipconfig -6)
    > - manually assign IPv6 address to my ethernet card (ip/ipconfig ether
    > /net/ether0 add fd32:6e43:fb94::a)

    ipconfig -N only checks ndb if there is no valid ip on the interface.
    (cf. /sys/src/cmd/ip/ipconfig/main.c:^/main. dondbconfig is set with
    the -N flag.

    if(!validip(conf.laddr) && !ppp)
    if(dondbconfig)
    ndbconfig();
    else
    dodhcp = 1;
    )

    also, when booting, ipconfig (typically) run with no options and
    checks with dhcpd. since dhcp returns a single address,
    you can't use this option to configure multiple addresses to the same
    interface. you could specify ip=$ipv6address. i would think the
    drawback to this would be that you loose your ip4 address.

    you can always add additional ip addresses in /rc/bin/cpurc or
    /rc/bin/termrc if you wish, but it seems a bit clunky.

    one is tempted to suggest adding OP9ipaddr1 to dhcpd's
    menu of plan 9 specific options.

    - erik

+ Reply to Thread