Re: [9fans] Using the Acme Editor - Plan9

This is a discussion on Re: [9fans] Using the Acme Editor - Plan9 ; A correction: Mea culpa. UNIX systems apparently force processes to share a single network stack, but that can be changed: http://www.tel.fer.hr/zec/papers/zec-03.pdf A paper on virtualizing network stacks in FreeBSD kernel, 2003 USENIX....

  1. Re: [9fans] Using the Acme Editor

    A correction:

    Mea culpa. UNIX systems apparently force processes to share a single
    network stack, but that can be changed:

    http://www.tel.fer.hr/zec/papers/zec-03.pdf

    A paper on virtualizing network stacks in FreeBSD kernel, 2003 USENIX.

  2. Re: [9fans] Using the Acme Editor

    On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 9:59 AM, Eris Discordia
    wrote:
    > A correction:
    >
    > Mea culpa. UNIX systems apparently force processes to share a single network
    > stack,

    gee how about that? Isn't it nice to acquire knowledge and *then* post?

    > but that can be changed:
    >
    > http://www.tel.fer.hr/zec/papers/zec-03.pdf
    >
    > A paper on virtualizing network stacks in FreeBSD kernel, 2003 USENIX.

    Similar work is being done in Linux. I talked to the guy who is doing
    it a year ago. Want to know what inspired it? Which OS? Wanna guess?

    And, they are putting other "namespaces" into Linux. Wonder where they
    got that idea and name? I know. Do you?

    yeeesh.

    ron

+ Reply to Thread