window behaviour - Plan9

This is a discussion on window behaviour - Plan9 ; Hi 9fans, I dont think I am doing anything wrong here % window -f $font (this opens a window and closes it), however % window (this opens a window) /Prem...

  1. window behaviour

    Hi 9fans,
    I dont think I am doing anything wrong here

    % window -f $font
    (this opens a window and closes it), however
    % window
    (this opens a window)

    /Prem

  2. Re: [9fans] window behaviour

    On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 10:05 AM, prem wrote:
    > % window -f $font
    > (this opens a window and closes it), however
    > % window
    > (this opens a window)

    As far as I know, window doesn't take a -f option. So it's probably
    trying to run the command '-f /lib/font/...' in the new window, which
    fails, and since that's all you wanted it to do, the window closes
    again.

    Robby

  3. Re: [9fans] window behaviour

    On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 5:45 AM, Robert Raschke wrote:

    > As far as I know, window doesn't take a -f option.

    So looking at /rc/bin/window I don't see a -f. Also am I correct in
    thinking that it is no longer possible to get the usage as it is only
    in fn oldway?

    Ian

+ Reply to Thread