[9fans] qemu: somebody give bellard a canonical image? - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] qemu: somebody give bellard a canonical image? - Plan9 ; so it can go here: http://bellard.org/qemu/download.html might as well make it available .. ron...

  1. [9fans] qemu: somebody give bellard a canonical image?

    so it can go here: http://bellard.org/qemu/download.html

    might as well make it available ..

    ron

  2. Re: [9fans] qemu: somebody give bellard a canonical image?

    On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 08:32:22 PDT "ron minnich" wrote:
    > so it can go here: http://bellard.org/qemu/download.html
    >
    > might as well make it available ..

    Not sure why qemu/download.html shows so few bootable images.
    Another alternative is oszoo.org. See for instance
    http://www.oszoo.org/wiki/index.php/Category:OS_images
    Images for a terminal server and a cpu server would be handy.

  3. Re: [9fans] qemu: somebody give bellard a canonical image?

    Bakul Shah wrote:
    > On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 08:32:22 PDT "ron minnich" wrote:
    >
    >> so it can go here: http://bellard.org/qemu/download.html
    >>
    >> might as well make it available ..
    >>

    > Not sure why qemu/download.html shows so few bootable images.
    > Another alternative is oszoo.org. See for instance
    > http://www.oszoo.org/wiki/index.php/Category:OS_images
    > Images for a terminal server and a cpu server would be handy.

    I've just made one, uploading it to my web server now, 100Mb bzipped,
    440Mb sparse, 1Gb raw

    I'll mail bellard when it's finished in about an an hour (7KB asymmetric
    DSL sux0rs)

  4. Re: [9fans] qemu: somebody give bellard a canonical image?

    > thanks man. I did not expect this to turn into another debate. I just
    > did not have the cycles to do it just now.
    >
    > It will be nice to see plan 9 up there at qemu.org
    >
    > ron

    Just so happens I was doing an install on to a 1Gb CF today. I haven't
    done any QEMU specific tweaking for it.

+ Reply to Thread