Re: [9fans] Can't ream fs. Panic: config io - Plan9

This is a discussion on Re: [9fans] Can't ream fs. Panic: config io - Plan9 ; > config w0 > filsys main w0 > I don't have anything set up to capture output, but I hope I can give you enough here. It looks something like > > drive w0 > 35885393 blocks at 512 bytes ...

  1. Re: [9fans] Can't ream fs. Panic: config io

    > config w0
    > filsys main w0

    > I don't have anything set up to capture output, but I hope I can give you enough here. It looks something like
    >
    > drive w0
    > 35885393 blocks at 512 bytes each
    > 2242834 logical blocks at 8192 bytes each
    > 16 multiplier
    > tag = 0/0; expected 0/10 not flushed
    >
    > stack trace of 2
    > panic: config io
    > cpu 0 halted

    i don't think you can put your configuration in the
    same place you put your fs.

    i think the superblock's tag is getting written to the
    configuration area.

    you can use my fs tree from sources which supports
    a cec console. you should be able to capture output
    with it.

    - erik

  2. Re: [9fans] Can't ream fs. Panic: config io

    // i don't think you can put your configuration in the
    // same place you put your fs.

    That's at least not globally true, although maybe it
    depends what you mean by "your fs". I have:
    config w4
    filsys main cw4[w<0-3>]
    and it works fine. I've not checked to see if the cache
    device leaves space that the (pseudo-)worm doesn't.

    Certainly it's worth trying sticking the config
    elsewhere, and getting a remote, loggable console is
    a huge win.

    And this should be obvious, but bears repeating given
    the consequences: when you say you're looking to
    recover an old setup, you know not to ream disks with
    data you care about, right?

    Anthony

+ Reply to Thread