[9fans] A0 poster w/troff - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] A0 poster w/troff - Plan9 ; this: ..pl 46.8i ..ll 33.1i ..ps 144 Hello, world! produces a big font text, but on A4 page, as viewed in 'page' bbox is wrong, in foo.ps after running troff -ms foo | dpost | foo.ps How can I change ...

  1. [9fans] A0 poster w/troff

    this:

    ..pl 46.8i
    ..ll 33.1i
    ..ps 144
    Hello, world!

    produces a big font text, but on A4 page,
    as viewed in 'page'
    bbox is wrong, in foo.ps after running

    troff -ms foo | dpost | foo.ps

    How can I change the default paper size?
    Any hint appreciated,
    cheers,

    ++pac.

  2. Re: [9fans] A0 poster w/troff

    For viewing with page, the simplest way is to add a line of the form

    %%BoundingBox: 0 0 w h

    where the width and height are in pixels (multiply by 72) before the
    second line of the PostScript output (dpost) and give page the -b
    option.

    On Jul 23, 2008, at 8:43 AM, cej@gli.cas.cz wrote:

    > this:
    >
    > .pl 46.8i
    > .ll 33.1i
    > .ps 144
    > Hello, world!
    >
    > produces a big font text, but on A4 page,
    > as viewed in 'page'
    > bbox is wrong, in foo.ps after running
    >
    > troff -ms foo | dpost | foo.ps
    >
    > How can I change the default paper size?
    > Any hint appreciated,
    > cheers,
    >
    > ++pac.

+ Reply to Thread